Wednesday 5 March 2008

Back On It - One tiny step at a time

OK, so I need to sort this diet stuff out. I need to do some exercise, I just need to get rid of some of this flabber labber!!!! So, I decided this morning that I am going to set small goals each morning and then TRY my best to stick to them. Some of you will probably think that setting myself a goal to drink 4 glasses of water today is rubbish as you are meant to drink 8 BUT seen as I can quite easily go a whole week, yes a whole week without drinking ONE glass, that would be a BRILLIANT achievement for ME.

So, little steps and then maybe I won't bodge them up and then EAT cos I've got all fed up with not doing what I said I was going to do - am I making sense?

Anyway, today's targets:

1. Drink 4 glasses of water
2. Eat 2 portions of fruit or veg (if anyone knows how to measure how much a portion is for one of the "5 a day" things pleeeeeease let me know)
3. Don't eat any cakes, biscuits or chocolate

My new bloggy friend Melanie is also trying to diet - check her page out too.

As for my exercise dilemma - do I join a gym (scared that I will pay that monthly fee, go for 3 months and then not bother going and still be paying THAT monthly fee for the rest of the year....AGAIN) OR, do I get the MY GYM from under the bed and actually USE it.....OR, do I get the keep fit dvd out and jump up and down in my lounge.....OR, do I stick Loola in her pushchair and walk to the shops (danger as shops have food) ????????????????? What to do, What to do??????????????? Argh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least we're in this together! Too bad we didn't live closer- we could walk together and help keep each other away from the yummy tempting food.

Pam said...

Good luck! I think that is wise to set small goals and that way you don't feel like it is overwhelming and not possible. I hope it goes well!