Saturday, 16 July 2016

Nutter Moment

So it is Saturday morning and I'm waiting for my first drink, a cup of tea! I can't wait!

I will be honest and I have to admit that on Thursday night and Friday day/night I was thinking I was going to die! Dramatic I know but I honestly felt like utter shite! You have to have these blow up things on each leg to stop you having a blood clot and they blow up and down a bit like having your blood pressure taken every 10 seconds. You can only take them off to go to the loo or for a little walk. They are attached to the machine so when you are in bed you are literally tied to the bed with them. I felt like a loonie being restrained on the bed!

The worst part of the whole thing for me was the drain tube that goes down your nose, through your throat and into your tummy. It literally felt like I had two fingers stuck down my throat which of course makes me heave and retch which is the one thing you are not supposed to do when you have just had 80% of your stomach removed and stitched up! Plus each time I heave I pee my pants! Joys of having a child! I had to have that tube in for 6 hours and they were honestly the longest 6 hours of my life! I have never sat so still, trying very very hard not to swallow! When the nurse finally took that out, although it stung a bit, it was the best feeling! I could actually swallow without puking!

The next shitty bit was the fact you are not aloud to get into bed to sleep it off as you have been knocked out you need to get your lungs working again and also make sure you don't get a blood clot so you have to sit in a tall chair. I was soooooooo desperate to sleep and lay down. Probably a mixture of fibro, ME and the op all put together. I was so relieved when the nurse finally said I could go to bed at 7pm!

BUT......... by  the time you get into bed, the nurse attaches your feet to the pump things, covers you in blankets and you finally get comfy ........ you need to pee! Not a little pee either, like "I'm bursting for a pee" kinda pee! You can't get out of bed cos you are attached with your feet so you have to call for the nurse. You get all unattached and drag you fluid/pain/drip thing to the loo and you pee on a cardboard box cup thing as they have to measure how much you are peeing to make sure you are not dehydrated. Then you go through the whole mission of getting back into bed and getting all hooked up again. You get comfy and try to get to sleep....two mins later.... you need to pee! Argh!!!!! This went on all night long!!! At this point I actually thought to myself that I must be a complete and utter nutter as I had actually paid someone thousands of pounds to do this to me!!!!! I cried!

I must have got about half an hours kip! Friday was horrible. You have to sit in the chair all day long apart from when you have to do a little walk around the wards to try to get rid of the wind and get your body working properly again. You are so tired from not sleeping all night yet once again you are not aloud into bed as they want to keep you moving so you don't get a blood clot. I know they are being cruel to be kind but it is horrible sitting next to a bed when you are so exhausted and you are not aloud in it!

Friday night I finally got some sleep!! I don't know whether they give you less fluids but I wasn't peeing every 5 minutes so that was a relief. I woke up Saturday morning and thought "wow, I actually feel human again" Considering how shite I felt the night before the turn around was amazing!

Mr. Kelly came to see me, he said all went well and I was aloud to go home about 2pm after I had some clear soup for lunch!

Called my mum and she is coming to get me! Yay!!!

No comments: