Sunday 12 June 2016

Journey

Tomorrow I start my journey to become healthy! So much has happened health wise over the last few years. My fibro kinda took over, I was diagnosed with ME and I went through CAT therapy which was brilliant but at the same time they changed my anti-depressant to Duloxetine (cymbalta) and it was NOT a good thing.....at all! It was great for a few weeks and then I went down hill, so instead of taking me off it, they upped the dose! This happened twice until I was on 60mg!!!

My blood pressure went up, my pain increased, my fatigue increased and I felt like shit! My mum had a stroke in 2015 and was put on another concoction of drugs and all of a sudden I though "That's me!, that's where I'm heading with high blood pressure, I'm gonna end up having a heart attack or a stroke"! My eating as usual was out of control and it consumed my life. What was I gonna eat next was all I could think about so of course my weight continued to go up!

I don't know what the final trigger was exactly but I realised I had to do something and it had to be something permanent and it needed to be done now!

I booked a consultation to see a surgeon on June 13th about Weight Loss Surgery!

And so the journey begins!

No comments: